- Beat the eggs by hand in a bowl. Incorporate the milks and vanilla. With the help of a strainer run it through about 7 times.
- Pour into previously caramel coated ramekins.
- Place it in a bain-marie and bake in a 350F oven for 30 minutes. The water should come about halfway up the bunt cake pan.
- Cool down for 30 minutes outside the oven. Cover and take it into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When cool, run a knife around the border and turn the flan over a plate.
Place a heavy skillet or saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and with the back of a wooden spoon move it occasionally until sugar is completely melted, and have reached a medium amber color.