- Sauté shallots for about two minutes in 2 TBSP of clarified butter and olive oil.
- Time for the garlic and Peruvian yellow pepper paste to join the party for about 1 minute.
- Incorporate rice and the wine. Stir and let cook for about 3 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates.
- Pour in 1 1/2 cups of the fish broth, and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes, continuing to stir. Pour in the remaining broth, increase heat to medium, and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and peas. Cook, stirring constantly, until the remaining liquid is almost absorbed, and the seafood has cooked, about 2-3 minutes. When the rice is just tender “al dente”, season with Parmesan cheese until it melts.
- Blend the cilantro with a ¼ cup of cold water.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro to the pot with the lime juice.
Seared the scallops to place them on top when serving.